Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little Giant ~ Rat Terrier painting


Clouds portrait is finished. I'm calling it 'Little Giant,' as anyone who knows one of these pint-sized dogs can attest to. I really like how the pose captures the breeds dignity, intelligence and heart. How I love this little dog!

A look back... Remember the original photo - beautiful head pose on an otherwise goofy photo? I raised his head up a little and changed his back to make him sitting down:


The sketch:


First layers of paint:


More work on the background:


Close to being finished:


Final painting:


Specs: 8 x 10," acrylic on Ampersand Gessoboard. Thanks for following along!

8 comments:

gtyyup said...

Kathleen it's just wonderful!! If Cloud could talk, I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing.

And you are so right in the "Little Giant" syndrome Rat Terriers have. Cindy Sue is the same way. She's a little toughie.

Great job!

Unknown said...

I'm loving your puppy dog paintings!!! :D

Nikki Martin said...

Absolutely beautiful!

DZFANTASY said...

Amazing work!! Just fantastic!!

Bornean Rose said...

Wow!! It is interesting. I am no good in painting but i really admirer your work. Great work Kath!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

This painting is STUNNING! I can see how much you love the breed in your art. Beautiful!
Jen

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Wow! You are amazingly talented! Just gorgeous...

David The Hammer said...

WOW
Incredible.......

Very GREAT