Saturday, September 13, 2008

30 days of happiness - day 17

30 days of happiness day 17
Happiness is:
These colors. And the way the rain intensifies them. I don't know if everyone feels like this, but I have physical responses to certain colors. It's hard to put into words, but some colors make my heart feel like it's opening/expanding and then bring a warmth to my neck and make my face feel like I walked through a spiderweb, and puts me in a state of pure bliss. It can be overwhelming and I have to stop what I'm doing and just let it happen. Strange. The colors of sandstone in the desert Southwest, the inside of butternut squash, and glowing coals are some examples. And now wet maple leaves on the patio in the overcast light. Perfection.

30 days of happiness day 17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colors
warm blush
changing, swirling, aching
bringing welcome journey reminders
Autumn

Love your thoughts. I'm drinking a hot cup of Jasmine tea and thinking of you!

Kathleen Coy said...

Oooo, very nice Val.
Hope you're having a great day!

tlksimpson said...

Ooooooh! My favorite tree is this big beautiful sugar maple on Grand and Marshall...I have to drive by it when the colors change...it's stunning. Looks like these....only many many many more!

Love you!

t

counselor kristal said...

I loooove fall colours.