Sunday, January 26, 2014

30 Sighthounds in 30 Days - Day 26


Day 26 - Greyhound
5 x 7 inch, oil on panel
© 2014 Kathleen Coy
SOLD

Growth, expansion, these can't happen without experimentation. I always want to push myself, never want my work to become stagnant. Ever evolving, always thinking of ways to improve. What can I do better next time? What happens if I try it this way? Curse or blessing, this is my brain. Today it paid off in a big way. This is Lizzy, a much loved and missed therapy dog who passed away recently. The light and shadow playing on her dark brindle coat, the shifts of warm and cool colors, are fascinating to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! I had the honor of knowing this magnificent angel...her owners will treasure this beautiful memory of her. You have captured her perfectly!

Kathleen Coy said...

Oh, thank you. That is very special coming from someone who knew her...