Sunday, October 26, 2008

Frost is coming

house 143

The wind is blowing so hard today, we're supposed to have gusts over 50mph. We also get our first frost tonight - low of 28 (24 tomorrow night!) I picked these roses yesterday because they're the only thing left blooming and I don't know how well they'll make it through the next couple days.

I snapped this Cardinal holding on for dear life while riding out the wind on the feeder this morning.
house 138

The "Tree of Life" in our front yard lost this good sized limb. It's kind of hard to make out in the photo, but the limb is as long as the rose bed - all the way to the left edge of the photo. Hope that's the extent of the damage. I do love to hear the wind through the trees though, especially the pines. This weather makes me want to curl up with some tea and a book.
house 142

3 comments:

gtyyup said...

Love the flower arrangement...I lost all of my flowers about 3 weeks ago to the freezing temps. Happy Trails~~

counselor kristal said...

It's definitely about to be cuddle/nap weather!

Train Wreck said...

YOU have CARDINALS!!! I love them! We don't have them here. I would love to look out my window and see them, they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.