Saturday, August 30, 2008

30 days of happiness - day 3


Happiness is:


The color purple! Ok, I'll admit it, I've never been a big fan of purple. Never decorated with it and very rarely wore it, unless it was a muted shade like burgundy. But these days I feel drawn to it. I keep noticing it everywhere and am feeling much more kindly towards it. Not enough to decorate with or wear it yet, but it is making me happy...



I call these my "screaming" flowers.


The grapes are getting darker.



Cloud's toy octopus.



Colorful spatulas.

From the garden.


From the bookshelf. (Awesome book by the way...)


And best for last... I was photographing this little mosaic plant stand that I've had for years, and for the first time noticed that the design is a hummingbird! I didn't see it until I uploaded the photo...funny how things can sneak by you. I guess I just needed a different perspective.
Purple and hummingbird - two 'happys' in one!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like purple, especially with yellow. It is a happy color. By the way, it looks like your eggplant plant is going to make it!