Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lyle

This sweet little Rat Terrier is named Lyle. He has endured many challenges in his life - having a leg amputated, radiation treatments for a brain tumor, and now diabetes, all with courage and dignity. Lyle's family and friends love him very much, and I feel so honored to have painted him.



The drawing, on 8 x 10 Ampersand Gessoboard:


The first layers of paint (underpainting.) I kept seeing these beautiful blues, lavenders and golds around him:


After building up many, many more layers of paint, here is the finished work. I enjoyed this one so much! Rat terriers are just the best little dogs in the world, but I may be biased because I have one, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful painting! Thanks for sharing it. Having met your rat terrier, I can imagine how sweet Lyle must be. Give Cloud a hug for me!