Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking back at 2012



Shadow Walk 6, winner of the 2012 Edward Hopper House Small Matters of Great Importance show.
6 x 6 inch, oil on panel. © 2012 Kathleen Coy
Sold.

 Despite my best intentions, it hasn't been easy to find time to keep my studio blog up-to-date while painting every day and maintaining my daily painting blog, so I'll fill you in - it's been a very busy and exciting year - I started my painting-a-day project in April, and to date have painted 176 daily paintings, plus 21 additional paintings (mainly commissions and larger works). As my style developed, I felt confident enough to enter, and go on to win, the small works show at the Edward Hopper house in New York - a huge honor! I studied for a week with the incredible Karin Jurick at Hilton Head Island, and had a painting accepted into the Randy Higbee Gallery small works show in Costa Mesa, California this december, where my entry was purchased by one of their collectors. To top it all off, 66 of my paintings have sold this year. I feel incredibly blessed...


Steppin' Out, Randy Higbee Gallery 6 Squared show.
6 x 6 inch oil on panel, © 2012 Kathleen Coy
Sold.


Self-Portrait in Winter, 4 x 4 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
NFS. My first self-portrait. Read about it here.

To my friends, family, and supporters, your encouragement and kind words have meant the world, and help keep me going on days when the workload feels overwhelming. Your understanding of how focused I’ve had to be this year is much appreciated. It’s been a very stressful year in some ways, but it’s also been the best year of my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support, and I wish for a year of beauty, creativity, inspiration and joy for us all in 2013.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathleen, I've been visiting your blog for a year and I really do enjoy it. Your paintings are beautiful, and I'm glad your art is being appreciated by others. Hope your 2013 goes as well as 2012 and that you continue painting and posting your works while improving your skills.
Best wishes,

Miriam (:

Kathleen Coy said...

Miriam, thank you so much for the lovely comment!
Best wishes to you as well, and happy 2013,
Kathleen

Cynthia said...

Seeing what you're doing and knowing that you're trying to keep up with a blog and painting something every single day is inspiring me to do more with my own creativity and photography and artwork. Keep going - you're amazingly inspiring. :)

Kathleen Coy said...

Cyndi, I've been inspired by so many people, and if I can do the same for someone else, it feels really good. Thank you so much for letting me know, and all the best to you and yours.
Kathleen

Randall said...

Nice paintings Kathleen. I like the one called stepping out. He looks very happy.

~Randall

Kathleen Coy said...

Randall, thank you so much! I know what you mean, I loved how happy the Steppin' Out dog looked - he seemed to be smiling at everyone.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Paintings..!!