Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sami's portrait is underway!

I began by laying down some beautiful yellow ochre for Sami's cheeks and "eyebrows." Words cannot express how much I love this color... It plays a major roll in my palette.

Next, I blocked in the pink of her ears and tongue, then added some soft colors to the background that I felt would compliment her fur.


Then on to the ears and eyes. There she is. Hi sweetheart!


The painting as it stands now. I'd say I've got about 6 hours into it at the moment, including the drawing. Once again, it's 8 x 10, acrylic on Ampersand Gessoboard.

More to come...

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Love it!!!! It's exciting to see it come together!!!

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

It already looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

artbykarieann said...

great start Kathleen, my always used colour is grey though!