Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bonus! Day 33 - Borzoi


Day 33 - Borzoi
5 x 7 inch, oil on panel
© 2014 Kathleen Coy
SOLD

I'll never forget the first time I saw a Borzoi - time and everything around me stood still while I watched this magical creature move like something from a dream. It was like when King Haggard from The Last Unicorn said: '..nothing makes me happy but their shining and their grace. They fill me with great joy. The first time I felt it, I thought I was going to die.' 

Except I don't want to drive all the Borzoi into the sea and keep them for myself. But I still feel the same way about them, and all sighthounds, actually. I feel it every day as I watch my greyhound, wondering how anything this beautiful can actually exist.

4 comments:

Anne said...


I love your work!

Joanne said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your 30 days of Sight hounds! Being the proud owner of a greyhound I looked forward everyday to seeing your next model! I would love to have you paint my beautiful girl Lora one day.

Kathleen Coy said...

Ladies, thank you so much! I'm glad so many people have been enjoying this series as much as I have.
Joanne, any time you're ready, let me know!

Joanne said...

Thanks Kathleen..I absolutely will let you know when I am ready to have a portrait of Lora done.