Thursday, November 14, 2013

My new Greyhound


Sephiroth, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2013 Kathleen Coy

We adopted a retired greyhound last weekend. I'd like to introduce you to Sephiroth, a three and a half year old, 75 lb amber-eyed boy who looks like some sort of mythical tiger/antelope/dog creature. Despite his exotic good looks, he's just a big goofball of a dog, and we adore him already.  Most importantly, unlike the fictional Sephiroth and Cloud, my Sephiroth and Cloud are getting along fine.

This painting is I'm sure the first of many. Brindle coats are a challenge to paint, so I'll be getting lots of practice. Here's a picture of Seph in the yard. Love this yellow-eyed boy.


5 comments:

houndstooth said...

We're so thrilled for you! I know there will be a lot more fantastic Greyhound paintings in the future!

Taffy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to get to know him through your paintings!

Cindy D. said...

Congratulations on this beauty - both the real dog and the painting. He totally looks like that mythical mix you described. And holy cow, those ears!

Alison Cross said...

We got our greyhound in July 2013 - a retired racer - he's a big black boy who is gentle, a bit nervous and the light of my life!

Hope Sephiroth brings you as much pleasure as Nero bring me!

Ali x

Kathleen Coy said...

Thanks all, we absolutely adore him!